Mystic Utopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Quiet Swim.
A Quiet Swim. EmptyFri 21 Aug 2015, 01:16 by Evalina

» So It Begins
A Quiet Swim. EmptyThu 20 Aug 2015, 23:58 by Jules

» The Dragons Riddles, Page 6
A Quiet Swim. EmptyThu 21 May 2015, 10:59 by Mother

» The Dragons Riddles, Page 5
A Quiet Swim. EmptyThu 21 May 2015, 10:58 by Mother

» The Dragons Riddles, Page 4
A Quiet Swim. EmptyThu 21 May 2015, 10:58 by Mother

» The Dragons Riddles, Page 3
A Quiet Swim. EmptyThu 21 May 2015, 10:57 by Mother

» The Dragons Riddles, Page 2
A Quiet Swim. EmptyThu 21 May 2015, 10:56 by Mother

» The Dragons Riddles, Page 1
A Quiet Swim. EmptyThu 21 May 2015, 10:55 by Mother

» Rare Items and Artifacts
A Quiet Swim. EmptyFri 17 May 2013, 01:42 by Mother

A Quiet Swim.

2 posters

Go down

A Quiet Swim. Empty A Quiet Swim.

Post by Berad Tue 24 Mar 2015, 23:33

Nico’s feet dangled off the edge of the cliff. The wind blew through his hair and he inhaled, the soft smell of rain confirming what the grey clouds in the sky hinted. He peered down at the glistening, dark azure water below. His hair was already soaked, and as he stood, he stretched, his muscles aching. Nicolas had walked for miles to get here and this was exactly what would make him feel better, never mind the weather.

A soft little grin spread across his face as he took two steps back, and then threw himself off the cliff, a loud yelp tearing past his lips as his stomach bottomed out. The wind rushed and bit at his eyes, and then the water thundered around him. It was a bit cold, as spring was only in its middle months. He let himself sink as deep as he could, his eyes closed. The quiet silence of the sea surrounded him for that one moment. He spread his arms and legs,floating to the surface, the waves rocked him to and fro.

He looked about and sighed, relaxed. It was early for the people of Tharkon to think about vacationing here, he was comfortable in his solitude. He rolled his shoulders, the cold water soothing on his weary joints. He rolled, dipping his face in the salty water and slowly swimming to the shore. The current was strong and he was panting lightly when he made it to the soft sand. His pants weighed heavy on him, and he plopped down on his back to dry in the sand. He hadn’t been able to relax like this in ages. He looked up at the soon to be rainclouds and didn’t resent them in the least. It was already a good enough day.
Berad
Berad

Back to top Go down

A Quiet Swim. Empty Re: A Quiet Swim.

Post by Evalina Wed 25 Mar 2015, 12:58

Lina was relaxing idly at the edge where forest meets sand, reading one of her favourite books. Its pages well read and crinkled from use. She was not however expecting the sudden splash of someone diving into the water. Curiosity seemed to get the better of her as someone finally surfaced and waded to the waters edge and up onto the sand.

Closing her book she stood gracefully and brushed what sand stuck to her dresses and then proceeded to walk over to the man now laying on his back. She stood over him, blocking out what little sunlight was trying to filter through the clouds. "Excuse me, but are you alright?" Her voice was soft and musical to ones ears. She flicked back a piece of her hair that had escaped and hung loose over her face as she looked down at him. Her blue eyes dancing with a merriment all of their own.
Evalina
Evalina

Back to top Go down

Post by Berad Wed 25 Mar 2015, 13:44

He opened his eyes and started, scrambling foolishly in the sand for a moment before sagging back into the soft grains. His brow furrowed , but he nodded cautiously, “I suppose one could describe me in that manner. Though that might be a little unfair, I’m rather enjoying myself.” He stretched, yawning. Thunder rolled quietly in the distance and he frowned. “I may not have much time left till that storm hits though I should probably get a camp together.”

Nicolas came to his feet, brushing the sand from his arms. He took a few steps away from what he now perceived to be one of the most beautiful women he’d ever seen, to a rock a few feet away. He shook out a brown towel and dusted himself off quick and silent. The rest of his clothing and possessions were arranged atop the dry stone. He turned to her as he shook the sand out of his rather shabby green shirt, “What brings you to the edge of the world?” He pulled the shirt over his head, his belt following swiftly.
Berad
Berad

Back to top Go down

Post by Evalina Wed 25 Mar 2015, 23:03

Lina heard the thunder too and looked up at the sky before turning to face where had been seated moments before and raised her delicate hand and blew a shrill note with her fore finger and thumb. Soon after that a creamy white palfrey pony ambled over to her, its lead dragging in the sand, she raised a hand and gave it a reassuring pat as it nuzzled her hand.

When she turned back to answer the young man she was graced with the visage of him removing his shirt, followed by his belt. Her cheeks colored slightly at the sight and she turned her back on him, a smile curling the corners of her lips. "I like the serenity of the place. I often come here to read". At this she raised her hand that still held her book and waved it slightly before tucking it in the bag that still hung off her saddle.

After getting her sudden shock under control, she turned back, hoping he had finally changed clothing and wasn't standing there naked. She could still feel a slight flushed warmth in her cheeks. "What brings you here? You know, if there is a storm coming, i wouldn't be camping out here. I know a place not far from here you could stay." She wasn't about to let on that said place was also her home.
Evalina
Evalina

Back to top Go down

Post by Berad Thu 26 Mar 2015, 09:25

He looked out at the waves; they were intensifying, crashing together. “I come here for the sea. Its vastness and power amaze me every time I see it. It reminds me to be humble.”  He watched the sea, not looking at her for fear of staring. She really was stunning, he could not deny that. She was like a good fire on a cold, wet night. He ran his fingers through his hair, and looked over his shoulder at her.

Nicolas mouth curled into a small smile, thoughtful for a moment as he belted on the last of his belongings to his person. “I’m not exceptionally flush, but I’m sure I can make myself useful if they wouldn’t mind me staying for a day. I’m quite handy.” He grinned then, warm and genuine, walking back to her side. He held out his hand and bowed gently, “I am Nicolas, call me Nick, if you’d like.”  The waves crashed into the shore behind him, the smell of sea salt rising with the tides.
Berad
Berad

Back to top Go down

Post by Evalina Sat 28 Mar 2015, 14:18

She smiled as he came over and introduced himself to her with a bow. She took his hand softly, her smaller hand clasped his much bigger one and a delicate manner and she then curtsied to him. A near perfect curtsy, her right hand holding the skirts of fer dress out slightly. "My name is Evalina, many refer to me as either Eva or 'Little Lina', I'll leave it to you to decide which you'd prefer to call me." She smiled warmly once more before removing her hand from him and turning to her horse to ready him and move her satchel from the saddle peak to a more better place. Turning back slightly to speak, "The place is not far, I would offer to carry you but i don't think my Sunshine here would be able to carry the two of us." She stroked the palfreys neck when she mentioned the horses name.

With that she hoisted herself up into the side saddle and made herself comfortable, arranging her skirts to cover to legs. She clicked softly with her tongue and Sunshine began to amble forward, back towards the woods and a small trail which would lead back to the house. Her home. She wondered what he would think. She smiled to herself thinking about it.
Evalina
Evalina

Back to top Go down

Post by Berad Sun 29 Mar 2015, 10:49

Nico shrugged her apology away, smiling as he followed her on foot, “It’s nothing to worry over. My feet have carried me across the world for years now, I don’t suppose they’ll be giving up on me anytime soon.” He walked beside her horse, enjoying the comfortable rhythm of its hooves in the trodden dirt path. He looked up at her, “Eva, I think, is what I prefer. You may be a small girl, but you are by no means little. Not with the way you carry yourself.” Nicholas always spoke plainly, his mind very much on his sleeve.

Thunder rumbled closer, and Nico looked up at the sky and frowned. If her house wasn’t close they would arrive looking like drowned rats. The air smelled of rainwater, and he inhaled deep. He loved rainy days, even if it meant damp shoulders. He didn’t make mention of the weather, it wasn’t of much consequence. Either they would make it or they would not. He did, however, find his attention drawn to the companion at his side. It was an odd thing, really. He had never had much of a mind for girls, yet she was so obviously different.
Berad
Berad

Back to top Go down

Post by Evalina Thu 02 Apr 2015, 14:16

Eva smiled at his compliment "Thank you. But that has been with me since i was a child so a lot of that comes from back then." They didn't have far to travel, Her home was only on the other side of the forest, they kept easily to the path and her horse plodded sedately along. Occasionally she would look down at the young man walking beside her.

Finally after what seemed not that long they cleared the tree boundary and came to a large grassed area, not far on the horizon a large Victorian style house could be seen. Eva pointed towards it, "That is my home, i will make arrangements once we get there to have you put up in a room and given as much freedom about the complex as you wish."

As they reached the front of the house a servant came out to greet them, another one took the horse away to the stables. "This young man is to be treated as a guest, please arrange to have a room set up for him. If he asks for anything , he is to be given it. Within reason of course." She smiled again as the servant curtsied and said "yes Mistress Eva" before scurrying away to do her bidding. Eva turned to Nick, "im sure someone will be along shortly to show you to your rooms. In the mean time you have full access to the house. If a door is locked then you are not allowed there. I will come dine with you later, for now i have other errands that need my attention." With that said she hurried through the main door and out of sight.
Evalina
Evalina

Back to top Go down

Post by Berad Thu 02 Apr 2015, 22:21

Nicholas was rather out of his depth. He had never been near somewhere this grand, let alone inside. He had known only poverty since he could form cognicent thought. The servant tapped his shoulder, shaking him from his reverie. "If you would follow me sir." Nico nodded, following the servant that was dressed better than he was.

Nico felt nervous in this place, as if at any moment those around him would realise he didn't belong and he would be thrown out. The manservant opened a door and motioned him inside. It was beautiful. The bed was big with clean white sheets, all the surfaces and dressers were polished hard wood. He once again found himself astounded. The servant dissappeared without a word and he sighed, running a hand through his hair in exasperation. Nicholas took a seat on the bed, it was so soft... A small smile crept onto his lips as he lay back against the fluffy pillows. He took off the small pouch that he carried and knife and set them on the bedside table, and stretched, tired from a long day in the sea. Nico kicked his boots off, deciding that since he had no better duty, he would take a nice nap. He lay down amongth the soft sheets and pillows, and slumber took him quickly.
Berad
Berad

Back to top Go down

Post by Evalina Tue 07 Apr 2015, 12:41

Eva didn't have much she had to do, She did however arrange for food and drinks to be taken to Nick's room as well as arranging for bathing facilities to be arranged for him. She was sure he'd want to wash at some point. When that was done she went to the stables and brushed Sunshine down and gave her some oats and fresh water before finally heading back inside and to her rooms where she showered and changed clothing herself.

By the time she had done all that it was getting on to evening and time for the evening meal. With her parents away on a trip it was really only herself and Nick there with the assortment of servants so Eva headed to the kitchen to arrange the evening meal set up in a small dining chamber for guests. The servants set up two placements on opposite sides of the table from each other. Eva was watching the arrangements as more servants began bring out the food. Fresh bread and home made butter, freshly steamed vegetables and roasted pork were all placed on the table. When Eva was happy with the arrangement she sent one of the servants to fetch her guest down for dinner, hoping that he liked the food she had placed out for them.

As she waited, she herself sat down gracefully and a poured herself some of the red wine that had been put out aS well. Its rich heady aroma consuming her senses as she took a sip and let it settle on her tongue before she swallowed.
Evalina
Evalina

Back to top Go down

Post by Berad Wed 08 Apr 2015, 11:24

The bath was a thing of wonder, all steaming and looming out before him in the basin. He nearly lept from his ragged road clothes. All the dirt and sand caught in his hair soaked out, and he scrubbed himself with an intent thoroughness uncommon in men his age. Nicholas dressed in the clean white shirt and brown pants that were left for him. It was an odd thing, to wear clothes worth more than your life.

The summon was a suprise, even if she had told him she'd call on him tonight, he handn't honestly expected it. Nicholas smiled, glad that she seemed to see something aside from his rather low standing in him. The halls were quiet as he followed the manservant to the dining room, and when he opened the door he found they were to eat alone. Soft candlelight made the room seem warm and inviting, and he across from her with a bit of a nervous smile plastered across his face. "You treat me much to well, my lady. I am not worthy of such kindness."
Berad
Berad

Back to top Go down

Post by Evalina Fri 17 Apr 2015, 11:39

When the doors finally opened and he stood in the door way she looked him over, appraising him as he walked nervously towards the table and sat down. She smiled warmly at him as she took another sip of the wine, listening to his comment of kindness. "Kindness is in the eyes of the beholder. I just don't like to see a man sleep outside in such harsh surroundings when i myself have a beautiful home to share. I am here most often than not alone. My parents tend to travel a lot." A moment passed and she waved her hand over the food, "Please, help yourself." Meanwhile she herself dished up a small plate of meats and vegetables for her self and as she sat there nibbling away at the food she could not help but look at him. He had scrubbed up quite nicely and in the right clothes would look very dashing.

As the silence grew she could not help thinking, she wanted him to stick around. With a smile as she reached for her glass and took a sip again of the wine she finally broke the silence, "You're welcome to stay on here if you want. I understand if you would prefer to be somewhere else however. It would be nice to have someone other than the servants to talk to, a companion to spend quiet days with." Her face flush a warm colour of red, "I could find you a station here, an excuse to my parents so to speak." She was quiet a moment, a thoughtful frown marring her perfect face, "You could be my body guard while my parents are home. They are always complaining about me riding out on my own."

At this thought she nodded, content with her choice, but would he stay. A rich woman offering so much, to someone she didint even know.
Evalina
Evalina

Back to top Go down

Post by Berad Fri 17 Apr 2015, 12:02

He had helped himself to food and wine, it was all wonderful. He felt comfortable in this place only when around her. It made some sense then, that he couldn't help but nearly drop the fork from his hand when her offer floated across the table to his ears. He looked across the table and noted the subtle flush of her cheek, and the gentleness in her gaze. A small little smile tugged at his lips as he pretended to look thoughtful. "You wouldn't have to ask me to pretend, my lady. I would gaurd you even when your parents fly far from these parts. From danger, and the lingering eyes of men." He didn't really know what inspired such boldness in him, but he did know that he would stay, as long as she'd have him.

And this he told her, "I'd love to stay here, but I wouldn't dare be a tax on you or yours. If it will be my duty to be your gaurdian, then you will see me first when you wake, and last before you slumber. I may not be much of a trained soldier, but I know quite a bit about surviving. I am at your disposal." He didn't need to think it over, really. Maybe it was the walk, or her quiet eyes that lingered on him. He treasured her honest kindness. He took a long sip of his wine and smiled at her in earnest, "In short, I am yours, for as long as you'd keep me."
Berad
Berad

Back to top Go down

Post by Evalina Tue 21 Apr 2015, 09:26

The warm flush deepened as he accepted her invite to stay. She took another, more larger, sip of her wine before answering, making sure her voice was steady "I will arrange to make your room permanently yours, unless you would prefer to have it situated more closer to mine. You're in the guest wing of the house and the family wing is on the other side." She was watching him, silence grew only to be banished by servants entering the room to clear the table. She'd had enough to eat anyway and if her new companion was still hungry, well he was welcome to the kitchens when he chose.

Once all the plates of eaten food had been removed and they once more sat alone she spoke once more, "As for your station here, i dont expect you to be my guardian all the time. I am very capable of taking care of myself. It is mostly for when my parents are home. You won't be a tax upon me and mine. I promise. And you're welcome to stay for as long as you want, if you prefer to be some place else i will not hold you back."
Evalina
Evalina

Back to top Go down

Post by Berad Tue 26 May 2015, 17:59

"I think I would feel much more content with a room close to yours, if you find that acceptable." Nicholas was nearly grinning like a fool when he gazed across the table at her. The candle light flickered across her features, and the shadows they made only drew his eye further. It was an odd thing, really. He had been alone for so long now. To be so thoroughly enraptured by this lovely creature had set him off balance. He didn't guard his emotions when they were alone like this.

His eyes met hers as he was watching her, and he flushed gently. "I do not find it likely I will want to be anywhere but by your side for quite a long while, my lady." He finished his own wine, and set the glass on the table with a quiet tinkle. Nicholas was feeling bold here in this half-light and heavy air. He was surprised to find his own heart beating rather rapidly. He was nervous?
Berad
Berad

Back to top Go down

Post by Evalina Fri 21 Aug 2015, 01:16

A smirk played upon her rose bud lips at his remark to staying close. Fool her for spilling a thought she should have kept deep within her mind. With grace she turned the smirk into a smile and inclined her head towards him, "I should think better upon my thoughts it seems. As i am sure you would prefer it closer to me, it would seem precocious that a young man, whom i had only met, would get the opportunity to sleep so close to my chambers. It would besmirch my honor in my families eyes were they to return and find you so ensconced within the boundaries out our family wing. I shall have you housed close but not so close that others would think things they should not." at this last bit she looked over at him, a sudden glint of seriousness in her eye and tone of voice.

Her hand reached for a small bell that hung beside her and she gave it a small chime. In no time a male servant came in and knelt beside her chair. She turned to him and bent her head, telling him the orders she wanted seen to immediately. Those of which included rehousing the young man across from him and of the future accounts that would be made to him for payment of services. She also arranged for tutoring of the written word and sword craft to be arranged for him should he not know them already and arranged one of the horses be made available for his use should he require it. All this she did in hushed tones so he would not hear. When the last word was uttered the servant nodded and left to carry out her orders. While she herself turned back to the table, another set of servants then ought out the desert for the evening, a decadent chocolate cake and cream. First she was served, as was custom and then so was he. "Arrangements have now been made for your permanent residence, you will be given a wage and tutoring. A horse has been arranged for your needs as well as the household told to grant you anything within reason and of their power to grant."
Evalina
Evalina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum